Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Thursday, November 10, 2005

May the wind be always at your back

Today's cultural addition to my experience is that I understand what a nice blessing this really is :) I always thought, "Oh, well isn't that nice..." BUT it really is nice to have the wind at one's back. Especially if it is raining and one happens to be foolishly wearing glasses.

For some reason a Hee-Haw song is stuck in my head: "Where, oh wheeeeere are you, toniiiight?" And so forth.

Number of books I bought at the Oxfam shop today = 0!!!!!!!

Number of books I seriously anguished about buying = 1.
(we can't always be perfect.)

Someone is practicing the recorder. I hear this through my open window. They really do need to keep practicing. Just, perhaps, on another STREET.
(Of COURSE, i am aware that i could shut my window, but i LIKE fresh air.)

On Radio 4, "Genius" has just started. This is show where people get to put forth ideas to fix life in general, kind of like my ideas for a Dictatorship. Last week, my favorites were the basic intelligence question requirement before ATM withdrawals (leading to a more intelligent population through natural selection) and the breath-alyzer cell phone .
Now they have suggested petticoats printed with pictures of Sigmund Freud -- then people would buy Freudian slips :) hee hee hee!

But anyway, may the wind be always at your back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home