Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Monday, January 02, 2006

London calling (again)

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
--Samuel Johnson

Later on this morning (mercy, did I really spend that much time watching Little Britain tonight? and now, have not packed a stitch of clothing.), 6.50 am to be precise, we are toddling off to London! I feel quite snootily conceited to be "heading off to London" a second week in a row :)

Yes, of course, we have an agenda. Me, myself and I are in charge of this so there should be no questioning of the ridiculosity of planning and worrying that I do. Not that we'll actually get to everything on the agenda, but an attack plan is nevertheless good. Helene will partake in initial day of plan, so that will be excellent fun. Lisa, however, has no desire whatsoever to ice skate, so perhaps will have to plan additional trip to London for this exciting experience soon. Am 5 years old.

Really must go to bed. But....

... after New Year's evening food ritual, would like to thank:
Paul for the excellent peas; (For some unknown reason, decided to cook the entire bag and now will be eating Variations on a Theme of Peas for weeks to come. Good thing I like peas.)
Ms. Maurice for the excellent cornbread mix;
Whoever picked the cabbage that I purchased at Central Market and cooked;
God for making the cabbage;
My family for their loyal support;
And my wonderful fans for their undying love and affection.

I love you all.

(it is really quite late.) kiss, kiss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home