Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Notes from a small mind.

Could caffeine, as a vasoconstrictor, make one's brain shrink? Hmmm.

Interesting item: The Cambridge University urban legend. This is about spelling, and so is remotely related to the really big load of fertiliser that I am typing up at the mo. The link is being input for the enjoyment of others but also so that I won't forget it. As I tend to do with lots of things lately.

A link, cunningly located by Katharine for dissertation tension relief, (and of course related to her topic. we are not piddling around mindlessly on the internet.) refers to the website of a remarkably silly man who eats new and horrifically unusual food items for the sheer trauma of it. And for our amusement. And trauma. Steve, don't eat it! This is certainly not for the faint-hearted or the easily offended. And you should not be drinking anything fizzy whilst reading as that could cause pain when you snort either in or out in hysteria. I feel rather sorry for this man's wife :)

If anyone who reads this page on a regular basis has been offended lately by Yahoo! IM not letting them talk to me saying they are "not on my list of contacts" or some such nonsense, this is due to the interfering nature of ZoneAlarm. Stupid ZoneAlarm. They ARE, in fact, on my contact list and should email me to schedule a 'date' and I will turn it off so's we can talk. It would behove me to say that I anticipate no 'dates' until after 15 September. Don't be offended.

Okay, must run now.
Run away! Run away!
(waving hands in the air)

Oh, listen! That bloody alarm has just started again... this is helpful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home