Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Loosyanna Lessons for Welshies

Sadly Blogger was being a putz last night and I was not able to share one last tidbit from the adventursome creation of delectable remnants of Thanksgiving food: Do not challenge a Louisiana native whose food choice involves pepper/garlic/hot$#*! components 99% of the time (this obviously excludes 1% desserts consumed) to a game of chicken involving a hot chili pepper. You will only hurt yourself.

Here is a sample of dialogue:
e: Hey, we have a pepper left over!
a: Yeah? That's good; save it.
e: I dare you to take a bite.
a: Do what?
e: You won't do it!
a: (rolls eyes)
e: You won't do it. I dare you, I dare you, I dare you!
a: Oh whatever. What makes it hot is the seeds. And this is just a sort of jalapeno, so it's not that bad anyway.
e: This is a HOT pepper! See, you won't do it!
a: Yes, I will.
e: No, you won't.
a: Oh, hush! (bites tip of pepper)
e: Okay, then... (bites next bit of pepper)
a: This is so silly.
e: Go on...!!!!!! Do it! Do it NOW!
a: (bites third bit of pepper) Sigh.
e: (pause) I don't think I want anymore...
a: Good. I will just have a sip o' this lil' ole glass o' water here...
[unspoken: ...now that i have made my point, which really wasn't my point in the first place, but whatever.]
e: ...maybe I'll put the pepper in this bag in the refrigerator.
a: I think that is a good idea. Stop making faces. It is not that bad.
e: I'm going to watch a big gun and fighting movie now...
a: Good for you.
[exit kitchen South]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home