Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

how nice.

Now that the sun has come out in force and with heat, our radiators have miraculously revived themselves after being inoperative for the three days of humid cold. Even the bizarre hot-natured person that I am had to shut my window completely for the first time since September! And my third toe on each foot is only now beginning to thaw.

To top that off, Bank Holiday Monday results in the longest lines imaginable at the Post Office. Why? After waiting in line at the Parrot-mascot Post Office, giving up after 20 minutes, rode bike to the Post Office in other direction only to find that line longer and to find that I didn't have the address necessary to post the absurdly large envelope that had to be purchased AT the Post Office, rendering my trip partially pointless.

Tonight, am going to dinner at 'the world's best Chinese food restaurant', the Phoenix Garden in Llanishen, with the Tatham family (my fabulous Rotary counselor). James (my friend, and the son) has found gainful employment teaching English at St. David's College here in Cardiff; this is cause for much rejoicing!

Still sorry for not getting act together for catching up. There is something wrong with my head at the moment :) But don't worry, Mama, you'll get to see pictures...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home