Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Monday, May 08, 2006

Happy Birthday to Ole' Jim!

Yes, indeedy. I almost called at midnight my time to tell him how fortunate he was to still have 6 more hours in Central Standard Time 'til the 7th decade arrived. But I think I was asleep by then.

He seems to have a thrilling day planned, albeit with fewer random surprises than if I were there. Doing some work. Oh hoorah :) Personally, I think he should party with Flee and Eliza Doolittle, like those two foolish felines could be friends. But that probably won't happen. Maybe someone should send another cat to Colonial Drive as a pressie -- hee hee hee.

Could not locate image on net of Showboat 'Haaaaaaapppppy New Year!' scene with Joe E. Brown (chipping away at my belief in the omnipotence of internet), which would have been creatively captioned 'Haaaaaapppppy Birthdaaaayy!'

But this is at least the man :)

And it will be captioned:

'Jolly Good Show!!!!!!'

Sadly, there is no funny hat.
Or a tooty, flippy party horn.

Oh, listen! Someone is celebrating by repeatedly honking their horn outside my window! I may throw something at them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home