Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Saturday, May 13, 2006

It's a sign...

... of just how much I miss my Flee cat when I am soooooo excited that the little Word Help Kitty character has decided to stay open even though Word is now closed (this is really rather strange, since she usually goes away as soon as you even click to another program... but oh well!). In case anyone thinks me insane for this comment and doesn't know what in the world I am talking about, you can change the little Clippy Help character to a variety of other personifications in your preferences for Word. The kitty meows at you if you need to save before closing a document and it stretches and purrs. This is really a ridiculously sad commentary on my mental state :)

SPEAKing of kitties, I almost brought one home yesterday from Central Market. Am slowly luring Fabiana over to my side, and she even said "I think we need one!" The nice man at the pet shop let us play with the two kittens just because we had nice accents. The kitten that we want is black with white socks and a little milk mustache on her upper lip -- OMG IT IS SO CUTE!!!! Personally, I think she would look quite precious sitting in my window next to Mildred, the yellow Gerbera daisy.

Fabiana cooked a lovely pasta al forno (actually two huge ones! hooray, leftovers!) for some of her classmates last night and invited me down from my Sudoku lair as well. My contribution was strawberries (yay! they are in season!) and cream and madeira cake for dessert, 'freshly baked by local craftsmen' -- that's what it said on the bag.

Then we went to the city centre to (i think) the one pub in Cardiff that is non-smoking! Tried an interesting chocolate brew -- sounds kind of shady, but it was actually pretty tasty and not overly chocolatey. Perhaps a little watery for a dark, but am not complaining.

Think I should ride bike today. To the park. P'raps will do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home