Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Friday, May 05, 2006

a label! a label!

So, finally have a label for myself! (although perhaps should qualify this by being a 'partial') It is always good to find a group to belong to.

Freegan

There is a show about freeganism on Radio 4 right now. Yes, I know there are insightful things to be writing on vocabulary selection and a corpus study of national stereotyping. But at the moment, am cleaning house and planning how to take over (I mean, SAVE) the world. This freegan ideology is quite ME. Those of you who have seen me in my extraordinarily fiscally conservative mode know this. Those sad people who have been spared this side of my personality, well, count yourselves temporarily safe.

Today -- last Lexis class... sadly, this is not the entire group. But we'll remedy that when we all go out after everything is turned in. And when we come back next June to graduate!

(from L to R: Monirah, Ben, Patrick, Georgia, Andy, Dr. Gordon Tucker, Katharine, Frances, Isabella, Catherine and me -- Franceska in front. Don't have the patience to keep trying to zoom this in and make the image better at the moment.)

Then I foolishly allowed self to be talked into lunching at Capesso (it took us 30 minutes to make it off campus, from everyone taking a million pictures of each other in the sun and of me and my BMX Bandit self on hot bike. haha.). There was no gorgeous Scotsman working at the coffee shop, yet again. Am convinced that Georgia and Dawn invented him.However, am glad I went since we sat outside and also I LOVE coronation chicken and haven't had it in forEVAH! mmmmm :)

Have been informed that my laugh is 'filthy' -- what in the world is up with THAT? This concerns me... but Laura apparently has one, too. So as long as am able to be in another group, that is okay, right? Have never heard of such before.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amrie- you have more than one Laura-you must specify!!!! I better not have a "filthy laugh"!!!
-Laura D.

 
At Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:05:00 PM, Blogger Bonnie Blue in Wales said...

Oh my Lord, Laura's are multiplying!

There is now: Laura D., Laura H. and Laura G.

And Patrick and Ben think that Laura G. and I have the classification. But, you know, I bet they would let you join the club, too, Ms. D :)

They tell me this is not an uncomplimentary thing... But I'm still not sure that it makes me very comfortable :)

Am slightly nervous to laugh now (like that's gonna last).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home