Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Monday, November 06, 2006

Frosty McFrosterton

This would be as both a literal frostiness of one's fingers due to one's gloves (not one pair, but two) having been stolen from one's panniere bags, one thinks whilst one was at church yesterday, and as a psychological frostiness of soul towards the flipping t'ieving heathens who stole them. This has put me in a rather difficult mood.

Hopefully, we will see an end to the fireworks tonight as well (Bonfire Night, aka Guy Fawkes Night was last night and so the weekend was rather explosive). I must agree with Dawny at her weariness in two night of solid fireworks in one's living space. Although it seems to me to have been at least two weeks here...

So it is a good thing that I am sitting here listening to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and ripping a hem out of some pajama trousers that are too short.

On a more humourous note (and a slightly disappointed note, as I thought it would be a hoot to go), I seem to have missed the record-breaking Jones's Family Reunion here in Cardiff this past Friday. It had rather been a hope of mine that my own Jones-ish family members might select this prime opportunity to visit Cardiff, but I am afraid that I would only have been a surrogate Jones representative had I been able to go. Oh well :)

Had a new student join me today online -- now have three students, two of whom I meet five days a week. It is really rather fun, although it might be more fun were payment in GBP rather than USD.

Steffi has gone to Germany for the week. She awoke deathly ill yesterday, so we hope she will not have a miserable trip.

We also have yet another reason to either not visit Paris or else hire large handsome personal bodyguards if we should. My friend, Kneece, who is teaching English to French children in Cherbourg this year, and her sister were beaten up by some North African French teenagers in the middle of the street on Saturday evening right after having dinner. This adds to my frostiness of soul towards mean-spirited 'human' imposters. Let us throw peas at them.

It has now been established as a result of a rather extensive scientific experience that the cleaner a duvet and set of linens is, the more flakes will fall off of chocolate bars and establish themselves as part of the decor.

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 06, 2006 11:59:00 PM, Blogger DawnyLiz said...

Don't use peas try bricks! shameful happenings abroad J'deteste la Francais!

My bed linen is full of crisp crumbs and hobnob bits...all gets a bit itchy after a while :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home