Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Linens and Things

It has come to my attention (as things so rarely do in a timely manner) that there is a darn good reason for having two duvet covers and two sets of sheets and pillow cases in this country. This is especially true if one does not have a dryer and the sun is not predictable in shining. On the positive side of having a sole linen set is the discipline that this tends to instill in planning ahead and doing one's laundry around http://www.weather.co.uk/, but that can really only get you so far in the approaching rainy season whilst allowing you to remain within civilised and olfactorily-aware society. And I have never been much of a gambler (although I do like the song). When it is rainy, one may try to make do with two-week old laundered bed linens, but something deep inside my mind tells me this is not good practice when one considers the veritable army of microbes in our world. And I think there must be even more invisible creatures here, because I don't think I have ever seen a house spontaneously create dust as the Golden Girls' House does (Steffi came up with this one!). Dust, anyone? Have some dust.

The verdict from this rant in my head is that I think it is a good idea to go and find another linen set. Today it appears to be thinking of being sunny, so I am doing my linen wash. We shall see if all is dry by bedtime...


Addendum: How has a comment instantly appeared on this post from someone I do not know? Why do they want to promote my blog? Are they going to steal bonnieblue's identity? Why have I just been notified of a comment sent on Sunday by Katharine? Snoop-Dogg has just walked past my house. AM out.

Addendum ad nauseum: (Think that is how you would spell it -- this reminds me of letters I would write when I was little and I would keep forgetting things to put in the letter and the end of the letter would have all of these post-scripts, up to ridiculous numbers like p.p.p.p.p.s.) But it would be a travesty not to note the Injury of the Week: This week's injury has been brought to you by the IKEA IDEALISK Grater (£2.49). When this handy kitchen implement flies off a hook towards a person not wearing their padding and that person attempts to catch the missile, it can be unfortunate. Especially if the injury is sustained by the pinky finger, right on the corner of the side of the fingernail. This causes one to type with one's pinky in the air and does not exactly improve speed or accuracy.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:56:00 PM, Blogger DawnyLiz said...

Well if I was you Amerie I would tell him to bugger off....and get a life! x

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 11:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is spelt 'ad nauseam' :-D! Glad to be of help. Love you, miss you, lots of kisses, H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home