Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Dead Woman's Bottom

No, this is not vulgar. Or at least it is not vulgarity of my creation :)

This is the name of a hamlet in Somerset, just south of Bath and close to the town of Frome. Therefore, I repeat (for my mother), this is not my invention.

I learned this particular bit of information at the Blackwood (Coed-Duon) Rotary International Night last evening at Maes Manor Hotel :) The man sitting next to me was a former Headmaster of a school (giving believability), and apparently his father came to Wales from this particular hamlet. I have not been able to find Dead Woman's Bottom on my road atlas, although sort of close to Frome are also: Leigh upon Mendip, Queen Camel, Wyke Champflower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home