Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Theories of Tea

It has been decided after many cups o' tea that the cream should be placed in the cup before pouring the boiling liquid in, to prevent scalding of the cream. There has been much debate on this subject, but my opinion has now been completely formed. Despite someone once telling me that only "common" people did that.

But, this is also the same Individual who told me that I wouldn't be able to handle the transition from my Comfortable Life in the US to a decreased standard of living such as would be forced on me here without my well-paying job, my friends and family, etc. Basically that I am a spoiled brat. So not much credence is to be placed in their opinions about anything, including tea, anyhoo! and I stamp my foot in their general direction! (this last is to be said with an OutRAAAAAgeous French accent.)

Picture of the side of my house. Sun was out and beautifully highlighting the house exactly 2 seconds before the picture. And now, it is raining; so you get what you see, and you'll like it! Thought briefly about standing out in the pavement (sidewalk) and waiting for the sun to come back, like an eeeeeediot; decided against it. Oh, WAIT, I already was!

First person who correctly picks my window will be treated to a gi-normous bar of Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate with Fruit and Nuts (with the proviso that they actually come to visit me) or, alternatively should the winner perversely not like chocolate, a pint of local Brains brew of their choice. And "SA" does not stand for "Skull Attack" as some may tell you. Think carefully! Sign on the side of the house says "Violet Row" so that's rather quaint :) Is name of street down below, not of our house.

And since rugby is on Brains' front page, this brings me to another exciting development! Hiroko and I may go to the Wales v. Fiji match on November 12 (with the assistance of her Rotary counselor)! We are helping with the Rotary Car Park fundraiser on November 5 for the Wales v. New Zealand match; and I had the cunning plan that we should try to go to the game, because wouldn't that be Cultural and Fun?!? This is the centennial test match against NZ, and Wales hasn't won this game in 50 years. Right now, NZ is #1 in the world and Wales #5. Tickets on Ebay that I found closed out at just under $600 USD -- so probably noooooot....

It has come to my attention that my Centenary email is bouncing some emails back. Theoretically, Centenary has fixed their problems, but if this is the still the case, let me know and I will email you as a test measure. Or we could forget about this antiquated email stuff and Skype! :)

i heart skype.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, October 23, 2005 5:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would your window be on the upper left of the picture? Because when you were locked out you mentioned you needed a tree to climb back to your room.

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:47:00 PM, Blogger Bonnie Blue in Wales said...

that would be incorrect, sir.

no fair your guessing -- you have said you are not venturing to Angleterra.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home