Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Frost on the roofs!

There was probably frost on the roofs yesterday but I didn't realize it. This morning, it was CLEARLY frost! Very pretty!

Am playing with multiple online photo albums and hope to have something for people to look at soon. This is yet another reason I need a Nanny, or Minder. Technology testing, piddly stuff like bills, laundry, banking -- those are things that really aren't so much fun to investigate; it's just they keep BEING there waiting to assault my cheerful and sunny disposition. Kind of like an Aura of Menace.

This morning, I have tested Yahoo Photos and Flickr. Last night, I tried Snapfish and Shutterfly. Blogger will tell you to do Picasa, BUT there is no web address to give out where people can look at anything. 47 minutes ago, i liked Yahoo, because Flickr has limits on the number you can post. But have just realized that Flickr lets you choose a name (such as bonnieblueinwales) and this makes me happy. And the organization of Flickr is similar to my Codified Ideals of labelling and color-coding -- tag words and whatnot. Got to love cross-referencing.

(Between all of this, have been orthographically transcribing a 30 second segment of communication, so haven't been completely faffing about -- what was just said is that I have been making a transcript from a spoken segment assigned to me yesterday. This is not so easy as it sounds; must include pauses, word stress, little extraneous vocal sounds. Then we transcribe this into IPA alphabet -- that is what I am naively looking most forward to!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home