Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Friday, July 07, 2006

Backscratcher

So, our team won the backscratcher at Macintosh pub quiz last night.
This means we were the losing team.
Since I am mostly uncompetitive (except when winning), it was not a huge crisis for me -- and as Eamonn sagely says, 'It is not the winning, it's the process that counts'. Or something like that... I mean, hey, I wasn't taking minutes! And then silliness and inane laughter resurfaces.

Yesterday was quite productive as well... collected Group Embedded Figure Test and misspelling identification data from 32 Year 7 and Year 8 (13-15ish years old) girls at St. Teilo's School. Now must think of cunning and intellectual manner to make something out of data. Origami perhaps? Why, oh why, am I not knitting my dissertation? Or even this? (thank you, Matthew for providing ideas)

Additionally, Tuesday night was too late to post pictures (and picture quality was annoying me since people will consistently refuse to listen to my instruction that one must prop camera in candle setting onto stationary object and use the tiniest press of finger to push button -- 'Oh, no. I've got it... this will be fine.' -- why don't I just talk to myself? Oh wait, already do. Is that a bad thing?)... Exit soap-box left. Anyhoo, here are pictures from the Llandaff Rotary Presidential handover ceremony at Radyr Golf Club -- I just absol. adore my club! Above is Immediate Past President Jack Ayles and Mildred. (and now, Blogger does not want to upload picture of new President Peter Clarke and Mo... grrrrrr.)

Notes to self:
Heat wave seems to have briefly broken, as was actually chilly in middle of night and had to turn off strategically placed fan (without knocking it off onto computer, speakers, etc. and generally wreaking havoc in havoc of room).

Have been informed of family plans for family reunion without moi. Well! Shall be there in spirit, wreaking havoc... and it is going to be in August, which climate I shall not miss :)

Today is one year on from terror attacks in London.

Dolly the Sheep would have been 10 years old this week.

Just now decided in moment of ADHD (and while fruitlessly waiting for pictures to upload) to fully investigate contents of envelope of papers from mama and have found not one (1), not two (2), but THREE (3) containers of dental floss! hee hee hee hee! Thank you, mama :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home