Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Friday, September 29, 2006

Notes for Friday

As I am getting ready for the all day session on 'How to Help Undergraduates Produce Higher Quality Written Assignments' (and Steffi and I are assuming this means without beating them for egregiously written tripe), the person on my street is coughing again. She coughs very loudly through an open window somewhere in short bursts of three -- HUH-huh-huh! -- at intervals of anywhere between ten seconds and two minutes. But even at the two minute rate, it makes me concerned for her health outside a tuberculosis ward and for my own health if I should happen upon any of the air that she has been breathing... ick.

Additionally, there is still a snail invader. The fish are obviously not fulfilling their duties on slug patrol. Although I have placed salt at the window frames and at the hole in my wall at the floor... (another rant at a later date), there is still a trail this morning and my beer trap does not seem to be anything more than a little beverage area. They are not drowning like they are supposed to. Perhaps I need a bigger bowl for the beer trap, as the beer is Leffe, that gorgeous concoction created by Belgian monks. AND... who knew that slugs eat paper on the floor???? ewww. And not the slug that is ammunition. hahahaha.

Here is a link to an alarming person who likes slugs. Dear me. This even includes instructions for petting them... well, touching them to notice remarkable biological things, but -- ick. This person had one as a pet and named it (wait for it) TRIGGER! hahahahah! Oooh! Here's something interesting: Slugs are hermaphrodites. Enough!!!! On to next items...

For informational reading today:
The Meatrix - (one of my favorite rants over the past few years, if you are a frequent recipient of my wisdom)
What is a Chav? - (a cultural icon of Britain)

These topics will be dicussed at length after I learn how to write today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home