Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

One year ago today

...I arrived in the UK and hauled 140 lbs. of luggage via rail to Cardiff from Gatwick airport.

WOW!

Today, I have taken mine and Georgia's dissertations to the bindery and dropped that monkey off my back. Hoorah! Then rode bike back to JC's Cafe and enjoyed delectable breakfast with Katharine (who ridded herself of her monkey on Monday).

Katharine is taking a Welsh class. Welsh is an amusing language :) I have made up a compound word of my own from my observation of various signage recently: popty theithio. This means 'bakery rideshare' and indicates a carpooling to the bakery, I suppose. K has added to the amusing word list with:
smwddio (pronounced smooth-ee-o), verb meaning 'to iron'
popity ping (pronounced as it looks), noun meaning 'microwave'

hahahahaha!

We are now being taken on an excursion to WHAT! and to PetSmart in celebration of our temporary freedom and lack of responsibility. hoorah!

1 Comments:

At Friday, September 15, 2006 11:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Congrats! I bet it feels good to be free!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home