Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Love your bum.

And we are not talking about persons who may try to make your acquaintance in the street, although admittedly I have had that happen from time to time... Just today, in fact, I met a nutty little old lady in the Post Office named Christine... but I digress :)

So, in our continuing analysis (or maybe just observation -- I don't really have time for analysis right now, and it's not going to help me make any more money at the moment) of British signage, we may also want to include product packaging. Today's exhibit is a result of my refreshment of the loo rolls (aka, toilet paper, etc.). In my most recent cost saving excursion, I lowered my standards and went to a store with a 'funwithwords' name, Kwik Save (just the typing of it gives me chills), where I purchased nine (9) rolls for like a pound ninety-nine (hoorah). This brand is quilted and is 'available in a range of great colours designed specifically to match your bathroom' and is the Velvet brand -- it is actually pretty good. The amusing part comes when you read more of the writing on the back.

Their motto appears to be 'love your bum' -- this being my guess because of the little TM which immediately follows this phrase.

And then there is this little offer of concilliatory action in case the product is not acceptable:

If you feel that this product doesn't care for your bum enough,
please let us know by sending this pack and its contents FREEPOST to:
Velvet (R) Bum Care Department
SCA Hygiene Products UK Limited
Freepost ANG 5856
Dunstable, LU6 3YY
... blah blah blah.

Maybe I can get a job in the Bum Care Department. I wonder what your business cards say if you work in the Bum Care Department. Do you get letterhead? I will chuckle now.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 6:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So if you worked in the bum care department and you were having a bad day, would you be having an arse of a day? And what happens when things go wrong in the bum department? Who has to clear up? And remember, don't take any sh*t from no-one

 
At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 12:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christine is probably telling her friends that she met some nutty little American in the Post Office.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home