Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Show Me the Way to Amarillo...

So very happy to have email back finally! Feel like limb re-attached to self :) Blood beginning to circulate again.

Glad to hear that Shreveport is relatively intact (and that some of my friends have handguns, loaded, and other items in survival kit. have absolutely no idea what movie is being referred tom for the record.). Hope Shreveport survives you, too! hee hee.

Went to Queen's Street tonight and one of the dance songs was "Show Me the Way to Amarillo" -- also, lots of music that made me feel at home. Sadly, no Def Leopard (so sorry, Lisa R. -- will try to remedy this situation before your visit), and, yes, I did request it.

Is this the way to Amarillo
every night I've been hugging my pillow
dreaming dreams of Amarillo
and sweet Marie who waits for me
show me the way to Amarillo
I've been weeping like a willow
crying over Amarillo
and sweet Marie who waits for me

Is now misting rain and walked back to house (20 minutes) in it. Lovely :) People liked my Louisiana accent tonight ("where are you from?") -- quite amused with ability to entertain others, even away from home.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:27:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

When I was in London a few years ago, people would offer me money to speak in a Southern accent. You could leave filthy rich!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home