Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Happiest Christmas Tree

If that song is played tomorrow at Hawkin's Bazaar, I think I shall invest in a chainsaw.

Although, at the moment, my mood is fairly fabulous due to the glitter and aromatherapy effects of working all day at Lush :) So perhaps I will just continue with building the Homer Simpson 3-D jigsaw puzzle tomorrow. That is fun. Earlier in the week, I got to weave paper on a loom into the beginnings of a purse-ish type thing. Unfortunately, though, I had to leave to go to Lush and the other people couldn't get the purse to become a purse, so the attempt was discarded. So sad. These children's activities are terrifically more fun than hauling glow-in-the-dark juggling diabolos and 47 copies of How to Walk in High Heels up and down a very long flight of stairs. My thighs are getting some kind of work out, let me tell ya. I suppose this is good.

Today, part of my good mood is possibly due to the fact that I worked 10 hours and the store sold over 19,000GBP worth, bringing us to level 3 -- and this means that instead of 5.35 per hour, I made 10.35 per hour! Hoorah!

Must sleep now. Am ridonkulously tired. Lots of amusing things have happened this week, but my brain is not capable of remembering them. Oh, but I will write later about the Nigerian plagiarism that I am being paid to type up.... this is amusing :)

At work tomorrow at 9.00 a.m. Hope not to have to stand by the front door on thief watch under the freezing air blower -- this is pretty pointless as I am not personally a thief and therefore do not know exactly what to look for.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 02, 2007 11:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anne marie!!!!! I thought I saw you at the boardwalk the other day, which, if what I surmise from your blog is true, can't be!
How much longer are you staying in wales? How are things in general??

susan

 
At Friday, March 02, 2007 7:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne Marie, I tried to R.S.V.P. your kind invatation for April 1 . It came back. So I shall try here. Looking forward to the Fish Function and meeting E. and. seeing. you.!! Rosie Patton

 

Post a Comment

<< Home