Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Halfway legal!

The application from UEA to Work Permits UK was mailed late last week and has already been returned to them approved! This is apparently a record :)

Oh. My. Gosh. Hoorah.

I am speechless.
I am baffled.
I am so indescribably relieved!

YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!

This means that the permit can be overnighted to me here and will be privileged to accompany some china in my carry-on bag on my flight home. This will guarantee that my bag will NOT be out of my sight at all (although I generally do like to leave my baggage in the company of strange people in airports. I tell them it is a Time Machine.) and may even be clutched tightly against my chest even whilst knitting. Although this could become annoying and result in lumpy socks.

Saturday will be spent filling out the teensiest details of my character, intriguing history and skills (including, no doubt: welding, driving a tractor, hunting and my ability to whinny), submitting the form and some more of my financial life blood online, and FedExing supporting documents to an Embassy somewhere so that we can hope for the promised 5-day processing time!

I shall now make myself some tea.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, January 11, 2007 11:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, these Americans coming over here, taking our jobs, selling pegs door to door.
At least the Polish produce good plumbers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home