Bonnie Blue in Wales

The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Friday, October 14, 2005

It is now Friday!

So, now I can't say that today was my first 2.5 hour volunteer shift at Oxfam Book Shop; but yesterday was. Worked with Winnie and Ivy, two quite darling Welsh ladies who showed me the ropes and were concerned about where I will spend Christmas. The shop itself is in St. Mary/High Street and it will be great to get out and about (with an actual destination and purpose other than meandering. One of my great strengths is meandering, but one cannot live on meanderment alone.) from my usual paths to and from classes and the grocery store!

Tomorrow I will collect my New and Improved Real Big-girl Bicycle! Think it is purple-ish. Whatever. Not garishly purple and it (hopefully) won't have the same risk element of complete disintegration that the Bike Shop Guy told me was my last two-wheeled implement.... and it is new meaning possible re-sale benefits.

Item(s) of interest today (or yesterday):

1. a US Dollar being used as a rear-view mirror ornament....
2. the mohawk is back with a vengeance.
3. this winter is projected to be colder than usual!
4. bought SkypeOut minutes and called my Oma from my computer -- this is the coolest :)
5. Oma was making an Italian Cream Cake.
6. Mmmmmm........caaaaaaake.......
7. Have now been in Wales for exactly one month and one day!

1 Comments:

At Friday, October 14, 2005 8:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you've been there for a whole month! I love reading your blogs. They entertain me to no end. Keep in touch dah-link!

- Virginia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home